Book now at North London Yoga Centre, specialising in Sivananda teaching
Levels in North London Yoga
- Very Gentle Class
- This class is suitable for all students including those with injuries and older students as well as those looking for gentle stretching, supported postures and deep relaxation.
- Beginners/Gentle Class
- Suitable for those who have never done yoga before or those seeking a gentle relaxing class. There will be demonstration of the postures and individual guidance and help. Postures are not held for long and the emphasis will be on moving slowly with the breath and relaxation.
- Beginners Class / Beginners 5 Week Course
- Suitable for those who have never done yoga before who would like to learn the basic yoga postures and breathing exercises. There will be demonstration and explanation of the postures and individual guidance and help with a relaxation at the end. Based on Sivananda traditional Hatha yoga each class will focus on a different set of postures over 5 weeks. It is a rolling course so you can join any time and complete your set of 5. At the end of the 5 sessions new variations will be studied so you can repeat the course again if you wish or continue as a long term student. The current course content is: Week 1 - Backbends/forward bends, Week 2 - Standing poses, Week 3 - Twists, Week 4 - Pranayama (breathing exercises), Week 5 - Sun Salutation sequence/core strength.
- All Levels
- This is a mixed level class suitable for everybody from beginner to more advanced. In the yoga class students have the option to stay with the basic posture or practice some variations depending on their individual ability. There will be some explanation and demonstration of the postures for those who have not practiced before.
- This class is suitable for those with some experience of yoga who do not have any major injuries.The pace will be faster than the All Levels classes with some more challenging variations. Perfect for those wishing to go further in their practice. There will be individual adjustments and guidance from an experienced teacher to help you.
- This class is suitable for those who have been practicing yoga for some time and do not have any major injuries.The pace will be faster than the All Levels classes with some more advanced challenging variations (optional). Perfect for intermediate students wishing to go further in their practice and for advanced students wanting to be challenged. There will be individual adjustments and guidance from an experienced teacher to help you.